2009年10月12日星期一

2009 Nobel peace prize goes to Barack Obama

The first time I got the message from my friend, I thought she was kidding. I couldn't believe it until I checked several news websites.

I discussed with many of my friends, and the responses were almost the same--the news was pretty surprising and unimagined.

Since it had been a controversial topic, there were both supporters and opponents.

Frankly speaking, I really couldn't understand this decision by the Nobel Committee, who regarded Obama as the one made "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples".

It is strange.

His presidential term was less than one year.

He decided to send more troops to Afghanistan several days ago.

The problem with either North Korea and Iran was still unsolved, or reached a stalemate, in other words.

He proposed "a world without nuclear weapons", and hoped that people in the world could have a peaceful environment, however, without any effective results, at least, not now.

Hence, why did Nobel Committee give a prestigious award to a person who hasn't got any effective results yet but only with good wishes and just started his plan at this moment?

Is it a kind of encouragement?

If it is, why isn't this rule suitable for other Nobel Prizes?

It is really confusing.

没有评论:

发表评论