2009年11月10日星期二

No democracy in China?

The topic today for Issues in Journalism is about democracy.

Again, the democracy issue in China was raised, being focused on Tiananmen Square happened in 1989.

I have to admit that all the information about this event is blocked in mainland, and people hardly talk about it, some young generation even do not know this event at all.

After I checked the viewpoints by both Chinese and foreigners, I would say our government did something wrong at that time, but I also doubt whether there are some deep reasons.

China is a country with various races, long history, huge territoty and complicated cultural heritage.

Even Chinese ourselves could not fully understand certain issues, how can we explain it to foreigners in several sentences?

What I find interesting here is that it seems foreigners always like judge China based on one thing, such as Tiananmen Square.

20 years passed, please, China is not that lacking of democracy any longer.

I mean, critically speaking, maybe you receive the part truth, and I receive the part truth, none of us could say clearly and exactly about what happened at that time.

没有评论:

发表评论